CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Chief Operating Officer. Our Client is a Joint Venture Company comprised of multinational energy firms partnering to supporting the development, financing, construction, and operation of an LNG liquefaction and receiving terminal located on the United States Gulf Coast. This is an operating regasification terminal with significant upcoming modifications and additions to the liquefaction facility. The liquefaction facility represents an $8 billion asset and is expected to generate annual revenue in excess of $1.5 billion.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing the safe and efficient world-class operation and maintenance of the Cameron LNG (CLNG) plant to meet customer delivery and quality requirements and to fully comply with regulatory requirements and industry best practices while minimizing costs in order to achieve the lowest unit cost of production in compliance with the RPO standard. The successful candidate will oversee engineering, maintenance, operations, process technology, safety, commercial delivery, and scheduling.
This position will be located in Houston, TX.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop annual operating plans and budgets that support the company's policies and objectives and direct the operations to meet customer needs and company financial goals.
- Maintain the technical integrity of the plant in both the short- and long-term.
- Develop and maintain management systems, policies, and procedures to ensure reliable, safe, and consistent operation of the CLNG business.
- Responsible for protecting the integrity of an $8 billion asset, fulfilling customer contracts providing revenue of over $1.5 billion annually, and overseeing an annual operating budget of $300 million.
- Manage and coordinate technical improvements and expansion of the plant as required and maintain efficient and cost competitive operations.
- Ensure smooth commercial implementation and operation of the Liquefaction and Regasification Tolling Agreement, and other key commercial contracts.
- Manage the overall relationships between CLNG and its customers to ensure adequate and timely support to marketing, shipping, and contractual matters.
- Support the good relationships and timely communication with the Board, Partners of JV, customers, community, and government officials.
- Collaborate with the CEO and lead the operating organization to define and articulate the organization's vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in plant operations, engineering, and technology within the oil and gas industry with a minimum of five years serving in an executive level position, e.g. General Manager or Vice President role.
- At least two years of experience with APCI liquefaction operations.
- Experience working in a Southeastern United States community and familiarity with the culture is a plus.
- Ethical and safety-minded individual that will never compromise Health, Safety and Environmental values and policies for the sake of revenue generation.
- Solid working knowledge of financial management.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record effectively implementing the functions of a leader.
- Consistent track record of displaying integrity, modeling exemplary behavior, developing people, and building teams.
- Strong understanding of how to influence and enable others and addresses the impact of attitude and action on the company and its participants.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related Science discipline.
- MBA preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]