CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Chief Operating Officer. Our Client is a highly regarded, established leader providing solution-oriented electrical contracting services for large, complex, engineering-intensive projects within the energy, industrial, telecommunications, and commercial market sectors. The company has been servicing an impressive array of Fortune 500 end-users and multinational corporations for over 60 years. It is a leader in multiple markets across the United States with an impressive portfolio of successful projects for power utility, manufacturing, automotive, data center, and healthcare clients.
This position will be located in the Midwestern U.S.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Serve as the regional operational leader with full regional P&L responsibility and a focus on growth and business optimization.
- Develop strategy and implement operational execution for regional expansion with a minimum profitability growth goal of 10%.
- Ensure that regional operations are effectively and efficiently coordinated, implemented, and conducted within the framework of the overall corporate strategy.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the President and work in partnership with the Executive Team on key planning issues with recommendations on key strategic decisions.
- Develop a strategic regional business plan which identifies new business development opportunities and also optimizes regional operations for increased profitability, including mitigating inefficiencies, managing risk, and improving business operations.
- Expand business and capture increased market share by developing, leading, and empowering a regional team.
- Establish regional operational and/or performance goals which are aggressive, achievable, and meet or exceed long-term goals.
- Identify strategic partnerships and joint venture agreements to capture regional work.
- Minimum of 15-20 years' operations experience in the electrical or mechanical contracting sector.
- Strong operations management track record with minimal P&L responsibility of $25M and successful experience with project execution.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the company's capabilities and execute a solid regional strategy for continued growth and profitability.
- Growth oriented and dynamic leader with the proven ability to identify, evaluate, and develop regional pursuit strategies.
- Experience developing business plans and outlining strategic goals with plans for execution.
- Experience managing all aspects of operations including business development, finance, and project operations.
- Highly regarded industry leader with a proven track record of successful project execution, a strong client focus, and leading a company in growth.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Must have a personal commitment to organizational excellence, displaying honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
- Ability to be "hands on" when necessary and knowing when to step back and empower employees to reach their full potential.
- High competency in strategic thinking, talent development, inspiring and influencing others, collaboration, situational agility, and sound judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred).
- MBA preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]