CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Chief Operations Officer. Our Client is a highly regarded Hawaii company, with interests in real estate development, commercial real estate, agriculture, and natural materials and infrastructure construction. The company provides paving services to a wide variety of customers, including federal, state and county governments, private developers and other construction firms.
This position will be located in Hawaii.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative support, reporting procedures, and people in place to effectively grow the company.
- Provide strong leadership with a focus on strategy, growth, organizational improvement, efficiency, and business optimization with full profit and loss responsibility.
- Employ a strategic orientation with the support of the senior management team and the Board in creating, communicating, and implementing the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Direct implementation and allocate resources to result in profitability and organizational improvement.
- Implement corporate policies, procedures, and organizational structure for assigned operating units within the framework of corporate policy.
- Continuously provide leadership for innovation, collaboration, efficiencies and synergies throughout the vertically integrated hot-mixed asphalt supply chain structure.
- Assist in the establishment and ensure compliance of each operational unit's short-term and long-range goals with overall corporate objectives.
- Motivate and develop key direct reports to ensure a cohesive operational unit and provide management continuity in each functional area.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to reporting executives and managers toward their professional development.
- Demonstrate the leadership necessary to make the organization's mission a success by providing leadership vision, leadership that attracts followers, and all other aspects of successful leadership.
- Promote efficiency by identifying and implementing cost effective best practices, and lead necessary change to improve internal systems and procedures.
- Assure management program quality and organizational stability through strong employee relations, performance evaluations, development, and training.
- Execute operating plan responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage the annual budget for the general operations.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the operational unit, company, or as directed by the President.
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience with at least eight to ten years of strong operational experience, preferably in Construction, Paving, Hot Mix Asphalt, Mining and Aggregates).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience serving in a senior management function.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated profit and loss experience within a company or division.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Must be a strong leader who is committed to results and strategically oriented to ensure profitable growth of the business.
- Demonstrated business savvy, customer orientation, ability to lead change and motivate, and comfortable joining a strong existing organizational culture.
- Proven commitment to continued professional growth and development, and a strong understanding of the need to train and mentor younger professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Preferred Master's degree in business or related field.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]