CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER (CAM), PETROLEUM
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Client Account Manager, Petroleum. Our Client has more than six decades of stability and recognition as an industry leader. Providing engineering, construction, technical, and management services, the Company delivers landmark commercial infrastructure that supports global initiatives in energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, communications and capital improvement programs. With over $2.5 billion in annual revenue and 12,500 employees worldwide, the Company is ranked by Engineering News-Record among the top 50 Design Firms in Petroleum in the United States.
The successful candidate will provide overall direction and management of a portfolio of environmental projects for a petroleum client. The Client Account Manager is responsible for planning and defining program goals (including safety, quality, and profitability) and devises methods to accomplish them. He/She will serve as the primary point of contact for the client and will develop in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies; as well as develop and implement a strategic account plan for growing the client portfolio and expanding our services and footprint within the program and petroleum market.
The position will be located in Houston TX, or San Ramon, CA.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution. Negotiates changes to the contract or scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Successfully leverage key, and existing client relationships in the company to result in new business opportunities.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned client account. Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key Project Managers after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Works closely with resource managers and staff coordinators to ensure client and project objectives are achieved. May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients. Oversees establishment of Program Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses the qualifications required of the key program and project positions in specific detail with the department managers.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the program through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Provides input to performance reviews and develops plans for subordinates.
- Minimum 12+ years experience in a sales capacity; may have progressed from managing environmental assessment and remediation projects of varying size and complexity.
- Specific experience managing a portfolio of petroleum retail sites under both cost reimbursable and fixed price/lump sum conditions.
- Strong diversified client relationships within one or more of the major "Big Five" petroleum companies.
- Proven track record of growing large client accounts and has a growth mentality.
- Must have visionary skills to ascertain market direction and strategic skills to determine methods of market penetration.
- Business savvy with proven skills to listen to client needs and identify viable, revenue producing, future projects.
- Ability to manage portfolios of projects up to $100 million in total installed cost.
- Should be familiar with the integration of environmental engineering/technical aspects, as well as procurement and construction activities.
- Experience developing enterprise-wide relationships with key decision makers and client.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans to encourage business growth with a sound understanding of risk management procedures and contracting requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Team player - accustomed to close cooperation and integration with sales team members as well as multi-discipline proposal and client service teams.
- B.S. in Geology, Engineering, or Environmental Science (or related degree).
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]