DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS SUPPORT/LNG
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Director, Operations Support/LNG. Our Client is a. publicly traded, Houston-based energy company primarily engaged in LNG-related businesses. The Company is developing a significant LNG export platform along the U.S. Gulf Coast.
This position will be located in Houston, TX.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:I. Terminal Asset Management:
- Provide technical support to all LNG Terminals.
- Assist with the management, implementation and standardization of LNG Terminal policies, strategies, plans, procedures and standards in alignment with Company policies and strategic plans.
- Develop and lead implementation of Performance Management processes and tools across all Terminal Operations to improve and optimize plant availability, reliability, utilization and efficiency.
- Assist with the management of overall expenditures through development and utilization of cost effective systems of control for operating expenditures, manpower and capital.
- Assist with management of major contracts and agreements.
- Assist with formulation and management of business activities, associated budget and input to business plans.
- Assist with the development and standardization of training, competency, and learning and development programs across all LNG assets.
- Provide commercial advisory services to all assets.
- Lead the development, standardization and implementation of all asset performance and risk management processes to ensure that the facility achieves set objectives and risks are managed.
- Assume responsibility for making daily decisions in the overall management of the Terminals
- Fulfill on-call and emergency management duties as needed.
- Work with HCM and other Administration departments to support Terminal on recruitment, learning and development.
- Work with Finance department on budgeting, budget forecast and control.
- Work with Planning group to develop, implement, standardize and support asset performance commitments and risk management systems.
- Work with other Company departments as required supporting terminal operations.
- Work with other Shared Services to support Terminals on Commercial and Supply Chain requirements.
- Comply with directives, plans, procedures, guidelines, legal requirements and other adopted Company commitments with regards to Occupational Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE).
- Promote compliance with HSE standards and guidelines at work, including any work engaging contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Development, forecasting and control of the departmental budget.
- Assist with budget and forecast management across LNG Terminals.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in the oil, petrochemical or LNG industry, including at least 4 years in a Management position. (LNG technology experience is preferred.)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of management of large scale facilities is a necessity, including an understanding of the technical aspects of Asset Management, encompassing development and management of people, contracts, and financials.
- Understanding and background in diverse plant operations, technologies, storage and transportation and large gas turbine driven compressors is required.
- LNG Liquefaction experience is preferred.
- The Director, Operations Support also needs to have in-depth understanding of performance and risk management systems and tools.
- Solid commitment to HSSE and dedication to Company's core values.
- Proven track record of operating a large-scale refining, LNG, or energy complex at near optimal performance.
- Strong leadership and team building skills are essential. Individual must be able to motivate and direct personnel as a group as well as manage the diversity of individuals.
- Proactive approach, with a demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a minimal amount of training and supervision.
- Strategic vision with the ability to develop action plans in addition to tactical execution.
- Highly organized and motivated with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities. Individual shall demonstrate good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Must be able to articulate and understand complex issues.
- Positive attitude with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to rapidly changing work environments. Must have the ability to proactively work with and support other departments within the organization.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]