GENERAL MANAGER, U.S. & CANADA
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a GM, U.S. & Canada. North America. Our Client is a private, entrepreneurial world leader in steel bridging that has been in business for over 60 years. The Company specializes in the design, manufacture, and supply of modular prefabricated steel bridges for emergency, temporary detour, military and permanent applications. The Company's bridges have been sold to over 70 countries around the globe, in all 50 of the states in the USA, and all 13 of the provinces and territories of Canada. In addition to bridge sales, the Company has a growing business renting bridges in the U.S. and Canada. To increase its focus on the USA and Canada markets, the Company has created the new VP/General Manager, U.S. & Canada position to lead this important market segment and drive ambitious growth.
This position will be located in the Northeastern United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Full P&L and budget responsibility for US and Canada.
- Develop, communicate and implement market share growth plans based on strong understanding of competitors' strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop strategies and provide leadership that moves forward business development and growth along with direct customer contact for sales and rentals.
- Evaluate sales leadership and sales force effectiveness.
- Develop and implement tactical sales and marketing plans.
- Contribute input for product line make-up and coordination of inventory requirements.
- Evaluate future growth plans, including stocking locations and geographic positioning for USA and Canada.
- Contribute input for strategic alliances and M&A.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Executive Management Team as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the organization are put into practice.
- Collaborate with other members of the Executive Management Team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the Company's growth objectives.
- Work closely with the VP of International Business Development to ensure that lessons learned in one market are able to be applied to the other.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the team; provide mentoring to foster career development.
- Cultivate a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of fifteen years' business experience in progressively responsible positions, including a minimum of five years as a Business Unit Leader with P&L responsibility.
- Strong record of sales and business development success in technical solutions sales business(es) is required.
- Background in engineered products or related industry that relates to heavy highway construction or heavy construction, is preferred as is experience in a rental industry.
- Success and ease working in matrix management environment is desirable.
- Leadership-the individual leads by example, inspiring and motivating others and encouraging their feedback.
- Demonstrated success in driving exceptional growth of an enterprise utilizing high level business development and sales capabilities; a leader who can develop a sustainable business model to drive growth and increase income.
- Entrepreneurial-minded individual with the ability to introduce and evaluate creative approaches, innovative applications, and new market opportunities with a strategic frame of mind.
- Proven ability to outline and execute strategic plans via organic growth, alliances, and M&A activity.
- Management skills-the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Analytical-the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Bachelor's Degree with Graduate Degree in Business, Engineering or Science is preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]