PRESIDENT, TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS GROUP
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a President, Transportation Business Group. The Company is a multi-billion dollar EPC firm headquartered in the Western U.S., and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an aggressive growth plan on a domestic and international basis. The key market sectors for this group include highway/bridge, transit, aviation and ports.
This senior executive position supports the establishment and optimization of day-to-day operations with profit and loss responsibility for all program management, engineering, procurement, and design-build services within the Transportation Business Group. This position requires an outstanding leader with a unique set of business, financial management and operations experience to effectively expand this group.
The position will be located in the Western United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Evaluate, develop and establish strategic direction of the Transportation Business Group on a domestic and international basis.
- Evaluate BG leadership team and modify team/structure as appropriate. Recruit additional strong industry leaders into business group.
- Fully responsible for the performance of all disciplines within the transportation business group, including operations, sales, finance, health and safety, quality, human resources, ethics, and project management
- Establish and endorse an Enterprise environment of cross business group cooperation to better serve our clients through efficient use of resources and technology.
- Through the senior leadership team continue to attract, develop and retain a diverse and highly talented Transportation Business Group workforce as a differentiator in the industry.
- Project Delivery:
- Accountable for successful operations of all Transportation Business Group's assigned programs, projects to include: profitability, scope growth, corporate compliance, problem resolution and achieving client goals.
- Provide leadership to project teams through effective communications that provides clear direction and demonstrates confidence, enthusiasm, and innovative thinking in meeting project challenges.
- Ultimate responsibility for prime contract compliance under multiple contract scenarios including Cost Reimbursable, Incentive Based, Lump Sum, Target Price, etc. while utilizing a variety of project delivery methods including program management, fast track, design/build, traditional design-bid-build, and PPP.
- Provide critical input during prime contract negotiation and execution of programs/projects in accordance with contract requirements.
- Client Relationships:
- Network current and potential clients in the Transportation industry utilizing industry reputation, experience and knowledge to develop new prospects and expand existing business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with most senior executives in current and potential clients.
- A strong record of safety and a commitment to the value of safety measures.
- Well known executive within the transportation industry, with at least 25 years experience in the Engineering-Construction industry.
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to develop effective strategies, set target goals, and execute plans to meet financial and organization objectives.
- Broad understanding of transportation project types, including highways, roads, bridges, rail, ports and harbors, and airports
- Must have successful profit and loss track record at an EC firm within the transportation sector
- Experience with various project delivery methods including design/build, design/bid/build, PM/CM, and P3.
- International experience, preferably to include Latin America and/or Middle East.
- Demonstrated success in project execution, client relationships and profitability.
- Previous successful experience managing staff organizations, administrating personnel, recruitment, and retention.
- Record of acting as a high-energy leader with excellent business sense and good understanding of how to achieve maximum ROI on projects.
- Must have vision of where the industry is going and how to capture work.
- Strong combination of conceptual knowledge and hands on skills to enable both direct support to proposals and projects, and performance of oversight assessment of existing projects and organizations.
- B.S. in Engineering (or related discipline)
- MBA or Masters in Engineering (preferred)
- Professional engineering or other relevant license
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]