PRESIDENT, NORTH AMERICAN GOVERNMENT & LOGISTICS
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a President, North American Government & Logistics. Our Client is a leading global engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, and industrial markets. As one of the leading firms in the industry on a global basis, the company reported revenues of $7.9 billion dollars in 2012 and employs more than 27,000 people worldwide in locations including the United States, Australia, Africa, the United Kingdom, Asia, and the Middle East.
The successful candidate will reside within the company's North American Government and Logistics division, a leading provider of logistics support, contingency operations, operations and maintenance, and construction and design/build services to the U.S. military and civilian federal government agencies. The successful candidate will be responsible for oversight and project execution of assigned operations programs worldwide for this $600M division. This position requires an exceptional leader with a unique set of business, financial management, and operations experience to meet projected growth, revenue, and profit figures.
This position will be located in Houston, TX.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide executive level support and direction for the Operations, Maintenance & Logistics, Design and Construction product lines.
- Oversee development and implementation of an appropriate organizational framework, including lines of support from such corporate services as safety, procurement, finance, contracting, information technology, quality assurance, real estate, security, etc.
- Develop a business framework of short, medium, and long-term objectives that optimize the utilization of all resources to maximize profitable growth and return on investment within assigned Business Units.
- Prepare and present annual and long-term business plans, ensuring that the business strategy is aligned with overall corporate strategic objectives.
- Recruit, develop, manage, and mentor the operating unit's senior management team.
- Oversee and manage several Vice President direct reports representing the assigned Business Units.
- Leverage pre-existing relationships within the Federal sector to create new opportunities.
- Assess and act on the business implications and potential of identified marketing, legislative, and financial trends in current operations.
- Oversee Marketing and Strategic Planning and provide overall strategic direction for new business development by targeting key alliances and client prospects, and maximizing the company's strategic competitive advantages.
- Maintain a strong commitment to safety and the value of safety policies and procedures.
- Extensive executive-level operations leadership and management experience including multiple years' experience in contingency/sustainment, operations, maintenance, logistics, and design-build/construction contracting environments.
- At least 25 years of experience preferably with with initial experience in the armed forces and a minimum of three years of commercial services experience.
- Proven ability to manage a $600 million global operation and grow the business.
- Experience with the U.S. military (Marine Corp, Navy, and/or Army) in a position as a senior officer.
- Must possess an extensive network of contacts within the military, government, and legal communities.
- Strong background managing multiple operations centers and developing strategies to maintain a 24x7 environment.
- A verifiable track record of accomplishments as an operations executive within companies which have experienced significant growth.
- Extensive experience with U.S. government contracting, sales, and project management.
- Possess extensive knowledge of financial metrics and operations-specific budget requirements.
- Willingness to meet regular travel requirements overseas to include hazardous duty areas.
- Experience with innovative approaches in providing low cost, high performance value propositions to clients.
- Experience in business teaming for management of complex and large contract work on a global scale.
- B.S. in Engineering, Logistics, or related science.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]