We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a President. Our Client is a regional utility construction services company and a recognized industry leader in electric power distribution and telecom construction services. Headquartered in the Northwest Mountain Region of the U.S., the Company provides customer-centric service solutions for utility companies, commercial general contractors, home builders, and others. The Company's diverse service offering allows it to perform a variety of repair, maintenance, upgrade, and installation services supporting its customers' on-going and new construction activities, including aerial telecom, underground telecom, overhead electric, underground electric, joint utility trenching, and directional drilling services. As a highly-regarded firm, the Company has deep relationships with the major electric utilities and telecom providers in the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West.
This position will be located in the U.S. Northwest Mountain Region.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Drive strategic direction and operational efficiencies to ensure that the company's near and long term strategic goals are met.
- Focus on improving the company's position in its current market while increasing top-line revenue, profits, cash flow and EBITDA.
- Leverage organizational and industry knowledge to enhance customer relationships.
- Maintain strong understanding of market dynamics, the competitive landscape, and how the Company's services are being utilized by key customers and industries; active involvement in industry associations.
- Earn leadership credibility and develop respect from the company's executives and employees.
- Motivate and lead division management team; mentor direct reports to cultivate skills that advance company goals and initiatives; Bring and keep the team together in a collaborative, constructive way.
- Develop a culture of open and transparent communication by identifying and eliminating communications bottlenecks between departments and individuals. Implement processes to develop a higher performing organization.
- Work with the holding company leadership to ensure that employees have growth and development opportunities.
- Create an effective performance management and succession planning process.
- Maintain strong communication with all levels of the organization; ongoing visits to various offices and job sites to ensure operations are performing as expected.
- Evaluate the strength and capabilities of senior managers for skills, attitudes, drive and overall management capabilities required to execute the Business Plan.
- Represent the organization with major customers, subcontractors, and similar groups.
- Continue to improve upon the company's commitment to safety, quality and training programs, as well as data-driven project evaluation.
- Build out robust training program for both field labor and project managers.
- Maintain a strong focus on continuous improvement, accountability, risk management, and cost optimization.
- 15-20 years' professional experience in the utility construction industry.
- Ten years of management-level responsibilities, with a history of increasing responsibilities and a track record of increasing revenue and bottom-line profitability (EBITDA).
- Proven interpersonal and team-building skills with a demonstrated ability in managing, motivating and developing a culture that fosters corporate, professional, and personal growth, while maintaining an unwavering commitment to safety, quality and training.
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose to Division employees.
- The ideal candidate will have a highly developed strategic thinking ability, strong financial acumen, and the ability to affect change.
- Highest level of integrity and business acumen and a student of the utility and commercial construction landscapes.
- Proven ability to quickly establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and customers.
- Ability to create a clear sense of accountability and maintain a climate in which people strive to do their best.
- A leader who relates well at all levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and effective relationships guided by diplomacy, collaboration, and honesty.
- Effective leadership, coaching skills, and proactive problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to manage projects through data and analytics.
- Proven ability to leverage systems to support processes.
- Ability to travel the territory frequently.
- Team-focused leader who can work with senior leadership to continually improve the company's strategy, culture and operational focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related field.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]