We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Project Director. Our Client is California's preeminent large-project general contracting corporation and a highly regarded construction firm providing a full spectrum of preconstruction and construction services. The company is recognized for high quality, speed of construction, industry-leading use of technology in construction, and expertise in building landmark projects. This multibillion dollar firm is nationally ranked among Engineering News Record's Top Contractors. The company has worked on distinctive projects throughout California for marquis clients and has built numerous iconic and noteworthy projects.
This position will be located in San Francisco, Oakland, or Los Angeles, CA.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Assume overall project responsibility, including profit and loss, for construction projects that span the activities from preconstruction to close-out. Projects may include one or two large projects or multiple smaller projects.
- Ensure a zero-accident philosophy and an exceptional safety record for all projects under management.
- Ensure success on projects by managing and monitoring the processes, progress and results of the following: safety, financial goals, schedule, quality, team effectiveness, employee development, and client satisfaction.
- Serve as the primary Owner/Contractor interface with overall project responsibility for projects, from preconstruction to close-out.
- Oversee all aspects of construction, including assembling and managing strong teams in the field and successfully managing and leading subcontractors.
- Be an active participant in the preconstruction process to ensure constructability and to optimize the sequencing of events and personnel to meet or exceed scheduling requirements.
- Facilitate business development efforts to broaden the customer base.
- Lead a strong team of dedicated professional and craft staff, including training and developing individuals and teams to support business growth generated from both internal and external projects.
- Create project-specific work teams for all projects under management.
- Oversee the quality of each project constructed.
- Serve as the company interface between the client and project team.
- Effectively lead in problem prevention strategies to limit reactionary practices.
- Fifteen-plus years of diversified construction experience, including five to seven years leading and directing construction project teams.
- A strong track record of safety, a commitment to the value of safety measures and knowledge of all safety best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple field labor crews and/or subcontractors for projects, including subcontractors, from inception through completion.
- Strong leadership ability in working with multiple stakeholders including Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, Vendors and peers.
- Proven ability to build solid relationships at all levels, including craft and professional staff, senior executive, and client relationships.
- Proven ability to develop strong and highly functioning teams including training and development of project field staff and subordinates.
- Ability to projects on time and within budget.
- Extensive knowledge of cost control, budgeting, and accurate and decisive cost reporting, billing and forecasting.
- Extensive knowledge of Prime Contract and subcontract types: includes lump sum, GMP, hard bid, negotiated, design-build, etc.
- Advanced level of team building/leadership skills.
- Adept at working in a cross-functional environment in a highly collaborative manner.
- Self-confident attitude with a "team player" disposition.
- Ability to process multiple assignments, set priorities, and to lead project teams to meet objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of the estimating process including estimate reviews, value added engineering, preconstruction and project sequencing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of software for project scheduling and cost.
- Ability to address an audience of various sizes and effectively communicate his/her message and ideas.
- Excellent written and oral communicator with the ability to convey concise thoughts in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or appropriate field experience.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]