PROJECT MANAGER, HEALTHCARE
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Project Manager, Healthcare. Our Client is a nationally-ranked commercial contractor with proven experience across multiple industries, including healthcare, retail, hospitality, manufacturing, distribution, education, office, industrial, detention, tenant improvement and public facilities. As a proven market leader, the Company is consistently ranked as one of the top contractors in the country and ranked #8 among the Largest Healthcare Contractors in the United States. The Company has earned a strong reputation by creating lasting relationships with employees and customers, understanding and exceeding customer expectations, and entering every opportunity with a spirit of open communication, innovation and integrity.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for healthcare construction projects and may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time. This position requires an experienced healthcare construction project leader with the proven ability to effectively manage, develop, and lead a strong project team and ensure quality, safety, profitability, and client satisfaction.
This position will be located in the Southern California and Northern California areas.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead and direct project personnel to ensure client satisfaction and project completion on schedule and within budget.
- Provide overall management and direction for healthcare projects (OHSPD) and make decisions and provide recommendations to ensure project profitability and timely completion.
- An unwavering commitment to safety and quality to ensure that industry best practices are exceeded on ever assigned task and on every project.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Implement strong safety programs and monitor strict adherence to applicable safety codes and procedures.
- Maximize project profitability and promote the Company's objectives and goals.
- Achieve quality and safety standards and meet owner expectations.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for the project and prepare project budgets and unit cost reports.
- Effectively manage client relationships and interact closely with the client's project personnel to ensure project success and repeat work.
- Lead the project team in preparing the project management plan (PMP).
- Participate in value-added engineering services as appropriate.
- Organize and conduct pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
- Participate in the negotiation and preparation of project subcontracts.
- Participate in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Control the payment of job costs based on document review and approval and coordinate with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases.
- Participate in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
- Attend and document owner and other coordination meetings.
- Coordinate all final closeout procedures for the project including as-built drawings, close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Interact with Estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
- Direct the project organization and preparation of all project documents for storage.
- Interact effectively with all company departments to ensure company policy and procedures are carried out and corporate objectives are achieved.
- Tactfully maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, community and state officials, and the general public.
- Travel required to and from projects in California including overnight travel by land and air.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in commercial construction, including a minimum of five years within the healthcare construction (OSHPD) sector.
- Proven track record of successful healthcare project (OSHPD) completion and history of delivering projects on schedule and within budget.
- Strong commitment to safety and the importance of safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and apply effective management techniques to maximize team performance.
- Thorough understanding of construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
- Ability to read and understand plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Possess high standards of ethical conduct regarding organizational policies.
- Ability to use effective interpersonal communication skills such as sensitivity and discernment.
- Effective working as a team member to achieve organizational and customer goals.
- Skilled at making verbal presentations. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language.
- Skilled written skills with proper grammar and syntax when writing.
- Community service participation preferred.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to speak basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding construction is preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]