SENIOR EXECUTIVE - ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING DIVISION
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Executive - Environmental Consulting Division. Our client provides environmental consulting services on a global basis to government and private sector clients with a focus on energy, water, and transportation infrastructure projects. The company is a recognized market leader and ranked as one of the Top 200 Environmental Firms by Engineering News-Record.
The successful candidate will direct the nationwide expansion of our client's environmental consulting business and lead a team of several hundred professionals with expertise in natural resources management, cultural resources, conservation planning, permitting, restoration, construction monitoring, and other related disciplines. She/he will drive the expansion of what is currently a multi-million dollar division. This position requires a renowned leader in the environmental market with demonstrated success in growing an environmental consulting business. The successful candidate must possess outstanding leadership capabilities as they relate to strategic planning, business development, operational management, and senior staff mentoring and development.
This position will be located in the Western United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Defines roles and responsibilities of her/his direct reports, and other key positions, clearly and logically, and actively engages to ensure team alignment.
- Engages with staff across multiple locations to ensure a common mission and purpose and motivate an entrepreneurial and performance culture.
- Owns the performance of the business and uses financial and operational information to drive business decisions.
- Oversees the activities of sector leaders charged with positioning the Division in each market, driving key partner relationships, and identifying and leading the pursuit of multimillion dollar business opportunities.
- Works closely with the Deputy Division Leader to optimize returns from business development activities within the Division's Lines-of-Business.
- Ensures that annual financial performance goals are achieved and continuously positions the business for sustained growth and improved profitability.
- Drives senior recruitment and talent development, including succession planning.
- Informs, influences, and gains the support of others to enhance employee engagement.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports and other key senior staff to continuously improve business acumen and drive an externally-oriented culture.
- Demonstrated success leading and building a P&L of similar or greater size.
- Experience managing a large, geographically dispersed team of experts and driving successful performance in a for-profit consulting services business.
- Demonstrated success winning multi-year, multi-million dollar business opportunities.
- Minimum of 20+ years of experience in environmental consulting environment.
- Demonstrated expertise leading business in a broad mix of federal, commercial, and state and local government projects that plan and implement infrastructure improvements.
- Embraces company-wide collaboration and commits to a high level of integrity and company values, including compliance with all legal and ethical standards.
- Superb analytical, qualitative, and strategic-thinking, and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Geology, or related degree.
- Master's Degree in related technical or business/economics field.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]