SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, U.S. FEDERAL CLIENT ACCOUNTS LEADER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Vice President, U.S. Federal Client Accounts Leader. Our Client is a multi-billion dollar, global leader in full-service consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance. The company provides a comprehensive and impressive service offering to a diverse spectrum of federal government, private and public utility, and commercial clients to plan, develop, and manage infrastructure and facilities. As a highly regarded and well respected firm, it is consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by Fortune Magazine.
This key, high profile position provides executive leadership, strategic guidance, planning, and support on a company-wide basis to achieve growth in the company's U.S. Federal Accounts portfolio. This newly created and strategic role leverages the full capabilities of the organization to ensure that the Company is the premier partner and preferred supplier to major key clients in achieving their short-term and long-term goals. The successful candidate must possess exceptional business development, account management and leadership skills and have extensive knowledge of U.S. Federal Government contracting opportunities to achieve aggressive growth objectives within the portfolio.
This position will be located in Washington, D.C.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and execute client strategies, plan and achieve growth objectives, and achieve new award targets and other established metrics for the U.S. Federal portfolio of key client accounts.
- Lead and/or serve as executive sponsor for key client accounts within a U.S. Federal Accounts portfolio to reinforce successful client account management.
- Develop strategies and implement tactics that will identify and win new sources of project revenue from major key clients in various U.S. Federal Departments.
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate discussions among account managers and account stakeholders from multiple business groups and regions.
- Achieve mutually determined New Award Gross Margin growth reflecting aggressive annual double digit percentage growth within the U.S. Federal portfolio of clients.
- Lead CAMs in developing and executing strategies with defined metrics (financial and non-financial).
- Work with appropriate business group, regional, and services leadership to identify and establish the appropriate number and list of key accounts in the Federal portfolio.
- Charter key client account teams to establish a common understanding of the vision, objectives, strategy, and action plans to serve and grow with the U.S. Federal clients.
- Establish the critical success factors, short and long-term goals, and performance metrics for the key client accounts in the portfolio and the client account managers that service the clients.
- Define and implement supplemental training content and assures training delivery for any U.S. Federal client account managers' specific needs.
- 20+ years of experience in the engineering and construction or related technical professional services industry.
- 20+ years of U.S. Federal Government experience with an excellent track record of strategy, growing U.S. Federal accounts, and bringing multi-faceted, relevant relationships and credibility in the U.S. Federal Government client sector.
- Results oriented professional with a proven track record of achieving growth objectives with a U.S. Federal Government portfolio of clients.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. Federal government purchasing environment and all political, budgetary and regulatory impacts to multiple Federal departments including, but not limited to the DOD, DOE, USEPA, etc.
- Proven ability to develop the strategy and tactics to achieve annual double digit growth within the U.S. Federal portfolio of clients.
- Experience successfully leading and developing sales and business development teams within the Federal sector.
- Broad experience across multiple sectors in the federal market with a robust network of contacts and resources.
- Driven, results oriented, and strategically sound with the ability to develop strategy and turn strategies into action plans that result in year-over-year growth.
- Proven ability to lead, build, and develop an impressive account management team and inspire others to pursue an account management career path.
- Experience leading a team of talented client account managers and business development manager both through influence and direct line authority.
- Ability to lead from a position of influence to organize and motivate individuals and teams toward accomplishment of individual and group goals.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in team setting.
- Experienced team-builder with the ability to organize and build teams around concentrated/focused goals and objectives.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]