[Back to Current Opportunities]
SENIOR DIRECTOR, DOD (ARMY) SALES
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Director, DOD (Army) Sales. Our client, a Fortune 500 company, is one of the world's leading and largest publicly traded engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management firms. The company's Federal group, currently generating over $3 billion dollars annually, provides engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance (EPCM) services, contingency response, site management, facility operations & maintenance, environmental remediation, nuclear material management, and logistics support to the U.S. Government. Using its global execution platform, the company supports the U.S. Departments of Defense, Energy, Homeland Security, and State.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of logistics services to the Department of Defense (DOD) market with a primary focus on providing services to the Army. As part of the primary business capture team, this position will contribute to the overall business development strategy, participate in risk evaluation, and identify /develop strategic teaming and joint venture opportunities which successfully leverage the company's capabilities within the Federal sector. This position requires an experienced and well-connected sales executive with the ability to strategize, develop, and successfully implement key business development initiatives.
The position will be located in Arlington, VA.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
Key skills and experience that our client desires include:
- The successful candidate will have primary responsibility to identify, develop, and grow an impressive logistics services business selling to the Department of Defense-Army.
- Identify bidding opportunities to meet and exceed stated business metrics for the company's $3+ billion dollar Federal Business unit.
- Develop strategies to pursue and win opportunities in logistics services for the Army including supply, maintenance, equipment, and transportation.
- Develop means and methods to participate in "grassroots" projects and secure contracts capitalizing on the company's past project success.
- Participate in opportunity pursuit to include client positioning and team formation related to large opportunities and assist in establishing teaming partners for joint venture arrangements.
- Establish sales revenue metrics and develop strategies to meet quarterly and annual objectives.
- Expand the market penetration of the Company's services in the DOD market by attracting new business as well as expanding services to various Army agencies (ie: Army Materiel Command/AMC, Army Sustainment Command/ASC, etc.).
- Identify market competitors with intelligence gathering and provide thorough and comprehensive strengths/weaknesses analyses.
- Evaluate the Federal business unit's strengths and provide a strategy to capitalize on historical success.
- Work closely with the other Business Unit leaders to identify new market segments to penetrate as well as expanding existing business.
- Work with the proposal team by overseeing the proposal process and providing input to the proposal.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and personal contacts within the DOD to facilitate growth through collaboration and information gathering.
- Present proposals to senior executives and have the fortitude to make "go" and "no go" decisions.
- Oversee hiring, training and management of key personnel within the business development group.