VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES - NORTH AMERICA
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Vice President, Human Resources North America. Our Client is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and natural resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. The Company provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients and operates globally across five continents with major operations in Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, Chile, Middle East and the Philippines. Driven by a client-service led culture, this highly regarded firm connects the knowledge, skill and experience of its people with innovative practices, technical capabilities and robust systems to create lasting community benefit. The Company's North American operation is ranked among the Top 30 Design Firms in Engineering News Record's 500 Top Design Firms annual ranking.
This position will be located in the United States.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:Lead:
- Lead and manage a decentralized Human Resources organization across Canada and the U.S. that addresses all areas of human capital management including organizational development, succession planning, recruiting, employee retention, training, compensation, benefits and career mapping.
- Evaluate current Human Resources policies and practices and make recommendations to improve and transform the organization into becoming a recognized "employer of choice."
- Advise the executive management team regarding possible issues and problems, and provide proactive recommendations and solutions.
- Design, direct, and manage a region-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and practices that meet the organizations business needs.
- Guide the leadership team on organization design to ensure organizational efficiency and clarity of roles and responsibilities.
- Design and lead implementation of progressive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain, and reward top performers.
- Provide direction and directives to the HR / People department staff and outside consultants in the performance of their duties and in achieving management initiatives.
- Streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within North America human resources.
- Champion use of shared HR / People support services including the firm's offshore HR service center in Manila.
- Lead the development of the company's NA region human resources plans and programs with particular focus from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the organization and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Lead the development and implementation of talent development programs to continuously grow and challenge employees and promote from within.
- Provide guidance on all employee relations matters and collaborate with legal to manage investigations and other personnel related legal actions.
- Maintain responsibility for organization compliance on all current legislative requirements (i.e., OSHA, EEO, FSLA, and applicable Canadian Federal or provincial regulations).
- Minimum 20 years' experience in human resources focused on all function areas of human resources including organizational development and organizational design.
- Astute business acumen with sophisticated understanding of human resources in the corporate environment.
- Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures with an eye towards streamlining.
- Advanced leadership, influencing, executive coaching, teamwork, and organizational development skills.
- Excellent work ethic and communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to interface with diverse groups of corporate executives and senior management in a decentralized organization.
- Ability to assess a corporate environment, identify areas for reorganization, strategize to achieve corporate goals, and provide execution and management.
- Mobile for frequent North American travel.
- Cross cultural working, relationship, and influencing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced information systems and new technology programs utilized in human resources applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- MBA or Master's degree in Organizational Behavior or Psychology preferred.
- Human Resources Certification (SHRM, CHRP, etc.) desirable.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]