VP, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit at VP, Business Development.
Our Client is one of the nation's leading infrastructure contractors. This highly regarded firm is recognized as one of the Top 25 largest construction companies in the United States, specializing in complex infrastructure projects including transportation, water infrastructure, industrial, power, alternative delivery, and federal contracting. As a well-respected industry leader, the Company is an award-winning firm in safety, quality and environmental stewardship and has earned an excellent reputation for ethical business conduct.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead the strategic growth of the company's market position for complex, multimillion dollar projects, including highways, roads, bridges, transit, and other major infrastructure.
- Identify, qualify, and vet key project pursuits that align with the Company's growth strategy and extensive track record of completing large and complex projects.
- Develop customer focused and comprehensive project delivery solutions with a key focus on design-build project execution.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and employ sales tools to proactively develop client relationships that lead to a deep understanding of a client's challenges and opportunities, which may then be translated into revenue producing projects.
- Leverage a strong network of clients and potential joint venture partners, including Engineering firms, Contractors and Subcontractors, Developers, Financiers, and O&M.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships with key senior-level decision makers and influencers to understand the customer's requirements, match them with the Company's solutions, and close the deal.
- Utilize strong technical knowledge, advanced capabilities knowledge, and a strong understanding of the customer's business to develop customized proposals with creative solutions which successfully sell the organization's Infrastructure offerings.
- Develop strategic sales plans that identify key opportunities and market trends, and position the company to capture these opportunities.
- Minimum of 15 - 20 years' experience within the Infrastructure market sector including at least 10 years in a business development capacity.
- Experience selling complex, large infrastructure projects, including highways, roads, bridges, transit, and other major infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of the infrastructure market, including knowledge of client prospects and needs, as well as the competitive landscape with strengths and weaknesses of partner/competitor firms.
- Well-established network including strong client relationships and contacts for potential joint venture partnerships including Engineering firms, Contractors and Subcontractors Developers, Financiers, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Strong business savvy with advanced technical knowledge and proven experience developing and successfully negotiating complex agreements.
- Intimate knowledge of the market opportunities in the Eastern U.S. with the ability to identify, qualify, vet, and win key project pursuits which have synergy with the company's growth strategies.
- Strong track record in business development with a reputation as a sales leader in the infrastructure market sector consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Knowledgeable in both the public and private sector transportation industry with the ability to pursue and win various contract types including Design-Build and P3.
- Ability to demonstrate deep customer insight, promote a client-driven culture, and spearhead and support market-focused solutions.
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to develop effective strategies, set target goals, and execute plans to manage growth and meet financial and organizational objectives.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Construction Management (or related discipline).
- Advanced degree a plus.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]