[Back to Current Opportunities]
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, DIRECTOR OF PROJECT EXCELLENCE
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit an EVP, Director of Project Excellence. The EVP is responsible for all all project delivery activities in North America, a $4 billion dollar region.
This executive leadership position will provide managerial oversight and strategic direction to the company's project acquisition, delivery, risk and quality leaders to ensure ongoing project excellence across each geography, as well as direction and oversight to leaders of technical centers of excellence. The successful candidate will be an influential and exceptional leader capable of developing, implementing, directing, and ensuring continuous project delivery excellence on multibillion dollar EPC/EPCM projects.
This position will be located in North America (U.S. or Canada).
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
Key skills and experience that our client desires include:
- Develop, implement, and direct a consistent, high performance approach to drive excellence in project delivery including financial performance, technical excellence, project controls, quality, risk, claims and client satisfaction.
- Present innovative concepts and promote new ideas in working with senior leaders across functional areas of the business, regions and business lines in managing project acquisition and project delivery excellence.
- Develop, implement, and manage project risk identification and mitigation strategies and processes across entire project portfolio.
- Develop policies and authorize their implementation.
- Represent the North American Region in evaluating project risk in coordination with the Project Review Committee.
- Participate in strategy and capture plans and bid reviews for major project pursuits and develop project start-up and execution plans for major projects in coordination with business line and regional staff.
- Conduct reviews and audits of major projects, including client interface and satisfaction.
- Interface with other company leaders on an international basis to serve as a consultant on project acquisition methods (ie: strategy, capture approach etc).
- Participate and, when necessary, direct activities to mitigate project issues, including loss margin, claims, delivery, schedule, quality and relationships.
- Mentor and lead an exceptional team of Project Managers and Project Directors on multi-billion dollar projects.
- Direct project delivery leaders and provide oversight of regional project performance.
- Coordinate with other geographies on major projects related to the geography, as appropriate.
- Manage cross-business line, cross-regional centers of excellence for geography, such as Alternative Delivery Project Delivery.
- Provide oversight and coordination of technology integration for delivery of major projects.
- Provide leadership for senior project management staff, including developing, recruiting and managing a "bench" of senior, multidisciplinary project/program managers.
- 20+ years of project delivery experience with a significant amount of experience in management of major (greater than or equal to $1B), at-risk projects in the infrastructure, power, environmental, water, oil & gas, federal, and/or mining market sectors.
- Proven experience personally managing at-risk projects in excess of $1B for a major corporation.
- Solid understanding of the culture, risk management philosophies, and policies/procedures necessary to ensure project excellence.
- International project experience preferred.
- Track record in consistently demonstrating the following leadership competencies:
- Drives flawless execution - prioritizes organizational goals to be achieved, maximizes operational excellence, champions collaboration, and removes barriers that impede execution, consistently delivers the plan.
- Proven mentor - demonstrates exceptional leadership skills and desires to make a strong impact within an organization.
- Ensures unflinching client focus - demonstrates deep customer insight, ensures a client driven culture, spearheads and supports market-focused solutions.
- Communicates masterfully - builds broad and deep external networks, demonstrates empathy, understanding and exceptional active listening skills, elicits feedback and encourages others to speak up.
- Enterprise business acumen - deploys world-class business practices across organization, exerts enterprise level influence, demonstrates cross-cultural business savvy.
- Expands capability and capacity - actively mobilizes sources of expertise, ensures resources are assigned to strategy priorities, keen focus on leveraging efficiencies and synergies across the operation, fosters organizational agility.
- Also demonstrates: builds high performance organizations, is an architect of change, leverages global/geography reach, ensures industry leadership, and strategic thinker.
- B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management
- Advanced degree preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]